Saturday, December 11, 2010

Wiki

For this assignment, I created a wiki that would be used in conjunction with a high school lesson on writing. I absolutely loved using this as a form of communication and an outlet for creativity in the classroom. This is definitely something that I would use in the classroom!

I think that wikis are great places for students to collaborate on assignments and it allows them space outside of the classroom to work. Students can be as creative and verbose as they like or as short as they like and a wiki allows them complete freedom to do so. I love that this is as much a student's space as it is the teachers, where they can modify and edit their own page. It will take some explicit teaching as to how to use a wiki, but I feel that students will pick it up quickly and use it well.

1 comment:

  1. I would agree with you that a Wiki is something that could be very useful in the classroom. I like the discussion feature that is built into every page. This allows students to communicate with both the teacher and other students when needed. I also like that possibility that students can create their own pages that are linked from the class page. This allows students to have an identity as part of the class.

    ReplyDelete