Saturday, December 11, 2010

Most Important thing I learned

Throughout this semester I have learned about myriad technologies and ways to use them. From website creation to Google Documents and digital presentations, I feel confident using technology in the classroom.

No single one of these, however, is the most important piece that I have learned. The most important thing that I have learned through this class is how to find these things out on my own. Although it was not a subject in this course, I have learned how to use Google Earth. I am now able to manipulate the map into what I need for a lesson, record a lesson with voice-over, and upload it to the internet so that I can link it to my website. This is something that I never would have been able to accomplish before this course, however the course did not explicitly teach me how to do it.

As a direct result of this class, I feel much more confident using technology and seeing how I can manipulate it to work for me and my classroom! I know that I can and will use these tools to help me make lessons interesting and meaningful for my students.

2 comments:

  1. I totally agree. I believe that one of the most viable assets a teacher can possess is the desire to learn how to improve at their trade as an individual. As you have said, this class has provided all of us with some many valuable tools to use to locate and experiment with potential technologies, and it is now our responability to continue this search on our own.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. I became so dependent on my friend because he knows how to do all of the technical stuff, but now I am actually venturing out on my own. I had to learn to accept the fact that there wont always be someone around to do everything for me. This class made me realize that.

    ReplyDelete